Your Pet's Day With Us Includes
1. The First Haircut "Cutdown"This is where we set the beginning pattern. The nails are cut, pads and sanitaries are cleaned and shaved. The ears are cleared of any hair, dirt and any waxy buildup.
2. Bathing AreaYour pet then visits the bathing area, where the ears are cleared of any powder used to initially clean them.
Bathers use the appropriate shampoo to wash and rinse your pet. Then they are partially air blown in the tubs. (**There is no extra charge for specialized shampoos**)
3. Time To Get Dry!While in the tub your pet is partially dried by hand. Your pet is then placed in a drying area, where we use ambiant air fans for continued drying (**we do not use heated cage fans for safety concerns). Next they are air blown to help reduce any future shedding and quicken the drying time.
4. Finish DryingOnce nearly dried, your pet is placed on the drying/fluffing tables to have the remaining knots removed. Drying is completed and the hair is fluffed in preparation for their second and final cut.
5. Final StageAt the final stage, your pets' second haircut, which has been chosen by the owner and the groomer will begin. This style has been chosen to best suit your individual pet, their breed and their personality. All the fluffing and prepping allows the professional groomer to place the best Final Haircut possible on your pet. This will allow your pet to look it's best for weeks to come.
This detailed process was perfected 50 years ago by the founder, Dorothy Dalton. This grooming technique is still used and taught both in Florida and Massachusetts.
The process takes time. We allow your pet water and walks throughout the day. Their visit with us is treated like a visit from friends and family or "a day at the spa"!!
When picking up your pet, please call 15 minutes prior to pick up, to insure they are ready. Arriving early upsets your pet and interrupts the process.